My year 4 class had 6 lessons with hyrdoschool as part of the curriculum.
The sttaff were welcoming, warm and friendly, immediately putting the children at ease. The staff were extremely patient and all children were happy in the pool by the end of the first lesson!
Whilst there was good humour throughout, all staff were very professional.
The lessons were clearly structured and it was evident that each lesson built upon the previous one. Even the non-confident swimmers made progress with each lesson. The joy in the faces of those who were reluctant at first was a delight. Every success, no matter how small was celebrated. Staff used lots of praise well to motivate and encourage children. Hydroschool is one of the best swimming lessons I have come across in 26 years of teaching! Such was the enthusiasm and joy of the staff which was conveyed to the children All the children were buzzing with excitement and did not want to miss out.
Thank you to all at hydroschool for giving my class a wonderful and memorable experience.
Sessions were incredibly well organised and fun and children thoroughly enjoyed them. All three teachers were approachable and developed a great rapport with the children. Children of all abilities made good progress and improved their skills over the eight weeks.
The process of booking swimming lessons after Covid was made so much smoother by dealing with Adrian at Hydroschool. Emails have been answered quickly, session times agreed and some kind of normality restored for our children. The sessions at Eastbourne College have been professionally run by qualified staff and the children are thoroughly enjoying them. We are looking forward to a continued swimming relationship with Hydroschool into the next academic year.
We have been delighted with the high quality teaching the hydroschool have provided. They have identified the needs of the children and accommodated each one to ensure the children; feel safe, learn to swim and have fun! Fantastic organisation, all staff so kind and friendly!
Hydroschool offer term time school swimming lessons located in the Eastbourne and Bexhill Areas to meet the Governments National Curriculum stages 1-4.
In Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils will be working towards:
- · Swimming competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres.
- · Be taught to use a range of strokes effectively. For example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke
- · To perform a safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
For Key Stages 3 and 4 of the National Curriculum:
- · Hydroschool can offer ongoing swimming lessons at our after school and weekend lessons.
- · Hydroschool are also linked to Eastbourne Swimming Club to continue pupils development to take part regularly in competitive sports and activities outside school through community links or sports clubs.
- · Hydroschools Director Adrian Smith is also the Head Coach at Eastbourne Swimming Club.
Our teachers are fully qualified Swim England Level 2 Teachers and hold qualifications above this to Swim England Level 2 Coaches and can run classes from complete beginners to lane swimmers including competitive swimmers.
Some of the benefits we can offer local schools are:
- Private 25m six lane pools located at Eastbourne College and Battle Abbey Prep School.
- Improved safeguarding of pupils as the pool and changing facilities are private for your use.
- Swim England Level 2 Teachers & Level 2 coaches.
- Free hydroschool certificates of completion for all swimmers.
- Feedback on pupils at the end of each term for the schools reporting.
- DBS checks available on all teachers.
- Fully insured with for public and professional liability.
- Hydroschool is a Swim England recognised Swim School.
Our lessons are designed to provide the highest quality of teaching working with each school individually to meet your requirements. Our teachers are specifically selected for work with schools based on their long term experience. References are available.
For more details please contact: